Friday, October 23, 2009
If you are looking for a house to buy in the Picos de Europa, in the green mountains of northern Spain, to enjoy the amazing natural beauty and peace of Asturias - look no further!
We are offering our beautifully restored 'L' shaped village house, together with stone barn which could also be converted into another house, for sale for the bargain price of 150,000 euros for the whole property - the 2008 valuation was 275,000 euros. We are looking for a quick private sale and there are no agents fees - or would possibly consider a long-term rental.
The town of Cangas de Onis is 10 minutes away from our peaceful village which has views of the Picos de Europe and is close to salmon rivers where you can fish, beautiful forests and mountains where you can walk and watch the abundant wildlife (even bears!) and still only a half hour's drive to fantastic beaches.
It is about midway between the cheap flight airports of Santander and Oviedo - about an hour each way - and of course the ferry from Portsmouth or Plymouth to Santander. So very easy to get to. There is even a large bus station in Cangas connecting to all of Spain and all the shops and supermarkets are there, plus a large traditional Sunday market.
The stone-built house, on 3 floors, has been restored sympathetically to keep its character, but includes all the features you need for comfort and warmth. For instance,
- all the windows have been locally made-to-measure in beautiful wood and double glazed
- parts of the wooden balustrade that was missing on the balcony have been copied by a local craftsman and replaced
- there is a large wood-burner with fanned ducts
- lovely wooden floors throughout and the original wooden staircase has been lovingly restored.
- large open-plan living room and new fitted kitchen
- very practical utility room
- 3 bedrooms and bathroom on 2nd floor
- amazingly large bedroom, the whole of the attic, on 3rd floor with full headroom and new velux windows
- stone-flagged courtyard and small garden with ample gravelled parking for 2 cars
- separate stone-built barn suitable for conversion to another dwelling, planning permission available
To see more photos, look on Blog Archive (on right of home page) and click on More Photos.
If you would like more information or arrange to see the house, please contact us, the owners, direct by email on asturiashouse@gmail.